Rufus software, which helps to prepare bootable OS installation from USB stick, is constantly being updated. The software started to support Windows 11, which reached the stable version last month. Thus, we will often hear the term Windows 11 installation instead of Windows 10 installation, especially in systems called FreeDos.
Why is Rufus software needed?
Rufus; allows you to create a boot media before installing the operating system on your device. For example, if you want to burn the downloaded ISO file directly to your USB memory, you will have problems during the installation phase. The software eliminates this situation with just a few simple clicks. In addition, you can first download the Windows versions in the portfolio of the current version and then give the command to write, saving you from all kinds of trouble.
Rufus 3.16 version variants list
- Fixed ISO mode support for Red Hat 8.2+ and derivatives [#1777].
- Fixed BIOS boot support for Arch variants.
- Fixed removing some boot entries for Ubuntu derivatives.
- Fix log is not saved on exit error fixed.
- Windows 11 “Extended” installation support included (disables TPM/Secure Boot/RAM requirements).
- Added UEFI Shell ISO downloads (applied retroactively via FIDO).
- Added support for Intel NUC card readers.
- Windows 11 support has arrived. [#1779].
- Windows version reporting has been improved.
- Accelerated cleaning of MBR/GPT.
Rufus 3.17 version change list
After receiving Windows 11 support, it was renewed with the 3.17 version.
- Fixed an issue where the MBR was not cleaned properly.
- Fixed issue where command line hogger was deleted on exit.
- Fixes ReFS processing for supported platforms.
- Update UEFI:NTFS to latest version and remove Secure Boot notification since this version is Secure Boot signed
- Updates Grub4DOS to the latest version.
You can download Rufus 3. 17 from here.
As Technopat, we have also prepared a Windows 11 installation guide for you. However, Rufus software did not receive Windows 11 support at that time. But it’s okay, you can install without any problems by following the steps in our video -if you have updated, it is useful to act according to version 3.17-.