Recently released Intel DCH graphics driver version 30. 0. 101. 1191 fixes some important issues on Windows 11 and Windows 10 devices. While this driver can be installed on systems with Intel’s 6th generation or newer processor, it aims to fix Desktop Window Manager related issues.
For those who don’t know, Desktop Window Manager is a window manager built into the operating system used for taskbar icons, application windows, animations, high resolution monitors and other visual effects. This feature is part of Windows and in your Task Manager results “DWM. exe” or “Desktop Window Manager”. It is vital to the graphical user interface of the operating system and cannot be disabled as the role of DWM has increased in recent versions of Windows 10/11.
We cannot say that this Windows tool consumes the processing power of the device while it generally runs smoothly in the background. However, a bug in the Intel driver package or operating system can cause high resource usage. In this case, while more RAM and CPU are consumed, stability problems may occur in Windows 10/11 versions.
While work continues on the performance problems of Windows 11 on the Microsoft front, Intel has completely resolved the critical stability problems in Desktop Window Manager (DWM) with the new patch. In addition, some bugs in some games were also fixed with the driver.
- 11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary classic graphics mode has been improved.
- 11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics: Keydollarsefield 2042 (DX12) and FIFA 21 (DX12) locking or stuttering issues.
- Minor graphical anomalies seen in Shadow of the Tomb Raider (DX11).
- Intel Iris Xe external graphics: Error message when running Rise of the Tomb Raider (DX12).
- 6. Gen Intel Core and 10th Gen Intel Core processors: Stability improvements for Desktop Window Manager (DWM).