Pope Francis, the spiritual leader of the Catholics, returned to Italy after completing his contacts in Iraq.
- Pope Francis was sent off to his country at the official farewell ceremony held at the International Baghdad Airport.
- Iraqi President Berhem Salih accompanied the Pope to the plane.
- It was noteworthy that the Pope used the Iraqi Airways plane as he was on his way to Iraq.
- Franciscus visited the cities of Baghdad, Najaf, Nasiriye, Arbil and Mosul in his 3-day program.
- Iraq had described the visit of the Pope as “historical” because it was the first.