In today’s world where “anything can be done from anywhere”, computers, which are more than just a tool, have now become a crucial point of contact. Employees rely on computers for collaboration and productivity, and any disruption can cause major problems.
Dell Technologies’ new range of support services and security solutions enhance the way IT managers provide a modern, intelligent and secure computing experience for employees. The features added to ProSupport Suite for PCs use artificial intelligence and an always-on approach to make IT support easier and more customizable. New endpoint security offerings make the industry’s most secure commercial computers even more secure with new security verification capabilities and additional protections under the operating system.
Patrick Moorhead, founder and principal analyst at Moor Insights & Strategy, said, “If your computers aren’t productive, your employees aren’t productive either. Support service and security offerings must evolve with changing employee experiences and stay ahead of the threats that lurk behind every corner. “I believe Dell Technologies has raised the bar with some unique offerings designed with the future in mind.”
ProSupport Suite for PCs maximizes productivity and uptime with new features that customize and adapt the series of IT support services
According to a recent study by Forrester Consulting, 70% of companies plan to increase their investment in remote workforce next year. With ProSupport Suite for PCs, IT administrators can now customize and automate the way they support employees and optimize PCs. The new features are:
- Customizable IT management tools: ProSupport Suite for computers stands out as the first support service that provides IT administrators with special update catalog management and distribution capabilities. IT administrators now have the ability to automatically and remotely update Dell BIOS, drivers, firmware and applications, and customize the grouping and management of these updates.
- Actionable and proprietary information for a concentrated fleet of computers:For the first time, IT administrators can see status, application experience and security scores across their entire fleet of Dell PCs at a glance. It can use these scores to uncover performance trends over time and can also take immediate action when needed, leveraging custom recommendations and usage metrics provided remotely by Dell Technologies’ AI-powered utility.
- Customized, remote workflows: By using a customized rules engine to define and orchestrate remote remediation workflows at scale, IT administrators can pre-determine who gets updates automatically and how they are managed.
- ProSupport Suite features for PCs available to channel partners and customers:Channel partners can use the full range of artificial intelligence powered support services, tools and portal within the scope of ProSupport Suite for PCs. Partners can also view and manage the support experience for multiple organizations using SupportAssist on TechDirect. On a case-by-case or fleet basis, customers have the option to leverage Dell Technologies’ expertise to tackle their challenges.
Doug Schmitt, Head of Services at Dell Technologies, said, “The role of IT has never been more important. While the mission to keep everyone productive and systems up and running remains the same, the operations behind it have become much more complex, especially with the amount of data and opportunities at the edge constantly increasing. We have built our approach to IT services on an AI-powered, adaptable, always-on foundation, taking into account today’s realities and future customer needs. “At the end of the day, new capabilities help IT managers look ahead and stay ahead, while enabling workforces around the world to maintain the ability to collaborate and innovate without interruption.”
Innovations of the industry’s most secure and smart commercial computer portfolio with built-in artificial intelligence support are doubled
The rapid transition to the teleworking model has created new ways to meet the increased use of cloud applications and employee productivity needs, while creating new threat vectors at the edge. All businesses are now a target, regardless of location, industry or size, due to increasingly complex and difficult-to-detect threats. Recent data shows that 44% of businesses have experienced at least one hardware-level or BIOS attack in the past 12 months. For endpoint security strategies to be effective, all attack surfaces must be considered, including the hardware and firmware supply chain.
Dell’s Trusted Devices security portfolio helps protect Dell commercial computers throughout the supply chain and device lifecycle. This comprehensive suite of operating system (OS) security solutions leverages advanced intelligence and helps businesses become proficient in preventing, detecting and responding to threats with mean time to detection (MTTD) and mean time to resolution (MTTR).
Dell Technologies consolidates its leadership position with new security capabilities including:
- Advanced Secure Component Authentication for Computers, allows customers to verify that Dell commercial computers and key components arrive as ordered and manufactured. Dell Technologies stands out as the industry’s first commercial PC manufacturer with this local capability to expand supply chain security and integrity controls.
- Intel Management Engine (ME) Verification verifies critical firmware on the system and detects tampering. The first release of Intel ME Verification targets boot processes critical to system security and provides additional layers below OS security.
- Dell Trusted Device Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Integration, provides customers with full visibility into critical events below the operating system via specific SIEM dashboards. It provides businesses with a comprehensive analysis of the security situation while allowing them to derive more value from their existing security investments.