TUF Dash 15 is a device that complies with military grade durability standards, referring to the English word Tough in its name. The company states that the laptop is resistant to drops, vibration, humidity, and extreme temperatures and has passed the MIL-STD-810H test. ASUS has managed to fit high-end components to a thickness of 19.9mm here, but perhaps the most surprising feature of the device was the battery performance. We tested ASUS’ claimed 16.6 hours, and with PCMark 10 we saw exactly 12 hours for office work. That’s the highest we’ve seen in a gaming PC to date.
The Dash F15 is not only thin, it’s also a light laptop. Despite its 15.6” size, the device weighs only 2 Kg. As with previous models, ASUS continues to maintain the thin bezel structure. The successful design comes in two different color options: Black and White. The company sent the black model for review.
ASUS offers the device in different technical specifications. The model that came to us includes the RTX 3060 as a graphics card, while the RTX 3070 can be found in higher configurations. The company also clearly states how many Watts the cards used are on the site. Dynamic Boost 2.0 is another feature of the device. This feature, which we have tested before, aims to avoid the bottleneck by automatically adjusting the power supplied to the processor, graphics card and graphics card memory. Again, there is support for Resizable BAR, which makes it possible for the processor to access the entire video card memory.
- Standard: 15.6″
- Innolux CMN N156HRA-EA1 Panel
- 144 Hz refresh rate
- AdaptiveSync support
- Refresh range: 48~144Hz
- IPS derivative panel
- 178˚ viewing angle
- There is a slight light leak in the upper right part of the model that came to us.
- Brightness may decrease with angle change
- 1920 x 1080p resolution
- Anti-shine matte finish
- Our measurement values: 60%. 3 sRGB, 42%. 3 AdobeRGB, 43%. 2 DCI P3
- 250 cd/m2 brightness
- It reaches 277 cd/m2 in our measurements
- 1000:1 contrast
- Thin border frames
- 250 cd/m2 brightness
- No webcam
- Sequential microphones, at the bottom of the panel
- Artificial intelligence assisted noise canceling
- On/off, charging and storage lights
- Plastic, matt black interior and exterior trim
- V cut outer cover
- Size: 36. 0 x 25. 2 x 1.99 cm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 2. 00 Kg
- 2 x 2 speakers
- Successful sound performance
- DTS-X Ultra sound software
- Chicklet keyboard
- 7mm travel distance
- Silent key presses, under 30 dB
- Three stage backlight
- Volume down, volume up, microphone mute and Armory Crate button on the top left
- Power button on top right
- No PrintScreen button
- 105mm x 73mm Touad
- Offers a slippery, comfortable use
- It can be used frequently even if your hands are sweaty
- 1 x TRRS (Combo) Headphone/Microphone jack
- 1 x Thunderbolt 4 with Type-C DisplayPort 1.4 and Power Delivery
- 1 x USB 3. 2 Gen 1 Type-A
- 1 x HDMI 2.0b
- 1 x RJ45
- Power Input
- 20 Volt, 10A adapter, 200W
- Adapter weight: 583g
- ADP-200JB D
- 2 x USB 3. 2 Gen 1 Type-A
- 1 x Kensington lock
There is a one-piece cover under the device that can be easily removed. To make disassembly easier on new models, ASUS has designed the cover to lift up when you unscrew one of the screws on the bottom right.
When you open the cover, you can reach one RAM and two M. 2 SSD slots. In addition, the cooling system of the Dash F15 appears before you.
- Dual fan with 83 blades each
- 5 heat pipes
- Bottom air intake
- Air outlet from the back and sides
- Fn + F5 to switch between Quiet, Performance and Turbo power modes
- Fans work loud at load, very quiet at idle
- Gen Tiger Lake Intel 11370H processor
- Internal Iris Xe Graphics GPU enabled (Tiger Lake-UP3 GT2)
- 4 cores, 8 processing units
- 3. 3 GHz base / 4.8 GHz Boost frequency
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
- Soldered to the motherboard
- Memory slot: 1 pc
- The highest memory specified by ASUS: 32GB
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop Graphics Card
- 6GB GDDR6 Micron
- 1525MHz @ 80W with ROG Boost (85W with Dynamic Boost)
- Sometimes it goes above 1600 MHz in games
- External GPU can be turned off
- SK Hynix BC711 NVMe PCIe M. 2 2280 1TB SSD
- CrystalDiskMark test: 3472 MB/s read, 3094 MB/s write
- The top of the SSD is specially coated for cooling
- M. 2 Slot
- 2x M.2 SSD (NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4)
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 Harrison Peak
- 2. 4Ghz, 5Ghz (160Mhz)
- Linux, Google Chrome OS, Windows 10 and Windows 11 support
- 2. 4Gbps Speed
- Bluetooth 5. 2
- M. 22 2230
- Can be changed
- 76 Ws, Lithium polymer battery | C41N1837
- PCMark 10 Office Battery Test
- Medium brightness setting, battery saving mode enabled, Keyboard at highest brightness, WiFi on, volume 20%.
- 12 hours
- Realtek ALC294 sound chip
- Windows 11 compatible with TPM 2.0
- Windows 10 Home SL, Windows 10 Pro
- Free Windows 11 upgrade
- Armory Crate
- A central management software that gathers many functions under one roof
- System monitoring and control via Android and iOS
- We easily connect with Android same networked device
- It is possible to switch between profiles and access real-time data of the system from within the application.
- Login Screen:
- You can position the partitions here as you wish.
- Windows mode: Puts the power settings under the control of Windows.
- Silent – Lower fan noise priority. CPU/GPU speeds and power consumption are reduced
- Performance – Silence without sacrificing performance
- Turbo – Fans work noisy but you get high performance. The most ideal mode for games
- CPU Statistics
- GPU Stats:
- Memory and Storage usage
- Fan speed:
- CPU and GPU fan speed
- System acoustics: Here is a calculation based on the fan speed.
- System configuration:
- Windows key on/off
- Armory Crate key on/off
- Touad on/off
- Panel power saving mode
- iGPU mode on/off
- You can disable external GPU with Bo feature.
- Game launcher: It is possible to quickly launch detected games from here
- Scenario Profile: Quick switch between profiles you create
- My Profile: You can create an account to save your settings in your account
- Aura Sync: You can adjust and equalize the lighting of your supported devices.
- Adjusting the panel for different usage scenarios
- Game library: You can select profiles for detected games.
- Scenario profile: You can make the necessary settings here to reach the system settings you want with a single profile.
- Game offers: Discounted games are available here, but dollar-based prices are available. For example, while Tropico 6 is 139 Dollars on Steam, it exceeds 310 Dollars with the current exchange rate. Local prices can be censored.
- Recommended: Here are software such as Bluestacks, ROG Citadel XV and System Mechanic Free.
- Payment: After logging into your account, you will be able to see your payment history here.
- News: ASUS news and content such as wallpaperdollaryellow
- AIDA64 stability test
- Profile: Turbo mode
- 2 hours 20 minutes
- CPU runs under 80 degrees at full load, at an average of 75 degrees
- Frequency does not drop below 4 GHz (basic 3.3 GHz)
- During the test, the temperature on the WASD keys was 35C, 40 degrees in the middle of the keyboard and 32C on the right.
The device is in Turbo mode under Armory Crate.
|Game||Resolution and Graphics Adjustment||FPS||GPU Temperature||CPU Temperature|
|Assassin’s Creed Valhalla|| 1080p
0%. 1 21
|Assassin’s Creed Valhalla|| 1080p
Max. one hundred
0%. 1 31
0%. 1 50
|Forza Horizon|| 1080p
|Avg. 82||73||Avg. 75
|Mount & Blade II Bannerlord|| 1080p
0%. 1 26
|Red Dead Redemption 2|| 1080p
|Wolfenstein Youngblood|| 1080p
|World of Tanks EnCore||1080p Minimum||Min. 110
0%. 1 75
|World of Tanks EnCore|| 1080p Ultra
Ray Tracing Ultra
0%. 1 61
- Stylish design
- 1080p Ultra gaming performance
- DDR4-3200 MHz memories
- 1TB high speed NVMe SSD
- AdaptiveSync supported panel
- 1080p 240Hz or 1440p 165Hz panel option
- 12 hours office performance
- Wi-Fi 6 support
- Thunderbolt 4 support
- Easy-open bottom cover
- No card reader
- No webcam
- Single memory slot
- Unable to disable internal GPU
 During the test, the GPU frequency reached 1957 MHz. The CPU frequency was also at 4.3 GHz.
Seeing 12 hours of battery life on a gaming PC for the first time was the most satisfying point for us. We don’t want to use PCs connected to the socket like we used to, and TUF Dash F15 has been one of the best steps on this path. Moreover, we did the battery test in office mode. That is, the battery life that this device offers while working, not idle.
The TUF Dash F15 isn’t a perfect gaming PC, but it’s a successful step on ASUS’ journey towards excellence. Thunderbolt 4 support, high refresh rate panel and long battery life distinguish the device from the old models. On the other hand, a single memory slot may deter users who want to upgrade.
As a result, you can choose TUF Dash F15 if you don’t want to sacrifice battery life while getting high 1080p gaming performance.